Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic – Instant Messaging
To support our customers and community during this public health crisis, we are sharing strategies to manage operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. This blog series provides practical approaches to execute COVID-19 related policies, procedures, and processes; previous installments include Broadcast Messaging.
Instant Messaging for Crisis Communication
During this fast-evolving crisis, communicating effectively to frontline and corporate teams with phone and email has been challenging due to store closures and remote work arrangements. Reflexis Q-Comm enables all users in your organization with a MyWork login to use peer-to-peer instant messaging (QChat). This instant messaging functionality is available at every level from corporate to store with customizable access by user profile, ensuring your teams to stay up-to-date with key communications.
Messages are easy to create, access, and read via MyWork Module Select menu on a desktop, standalone mobile app, or through the MyWork app. Q-Comm offers a full range of features to ensure messages are received, read, and acted on by the relevant users. You can:
- Set up group chats or channels
- Create intelligent alerts and notifications
- Add attachments to any message
- Interact with messages using feedback emojis
- Organize messages with tags
During this crisis, best practices include:
- Set up a channel at the corporate level to cascade only approved internal messaging to a wide range of associates
- Set up local groups in each store to keep all associates in that location up-to-date
- Set up local groups in each district so DMs can communicate directly to store management, and sister store SMs can communicate with each other about local challenges
- Communicate with employees of closed stores that do not have company email addresses or in instances where sharing personal contact details is not an option
You can find additional resources in the Reflexis Knowledge Center—under Video Content: “Q-Comm Product Overview.”
For more information on Q-Comm, please reach out to your Customer Success Director. If you’re not sure who your CSD is or are not currently a Reflexis customer, please email email@example.com; we’ll connect you with a knowledgeable member of our team.