How Retails Can Apply Lessons from the Football Gridiron to Improve Customer Engagement
Whether in the store aisles or on the football field, success requires a combination of good planning, solid leadership, and, most importantly, the ability to respond at the right time in the right way to last-second changes.
This Saturday and Sunday, millions of college and NFL fans will again watch their favorite football teams take to the gridiron and give their all. The football season is now in full swing, and already the season has seen big upsets in both the college and professional circuits. This coming weekend, each team’s success will continue to depend on:
- Consistently executing blocking and other fundamentals
- Coaches’ ability to maximize performance
- Getting players in sync to run complex plays — all while responding correctly to split-second changes such as audibles, injuries, weather, and opponent tactics
Retail winners and successful football teams have much in common. As pointed out in a white paper from the editors of RIS News, which you can download here, success in retail depends on:
- Consistently executing labor operations and customer engagement fundamentals in stores
- Ability of leaders and information systems to maximize performance
- Getting different units (stores, web, etc.) in sync to achieve excellence in complex omni-channel operations — all while responding correctly to last-second changes in customer demand, product availability, weather, and the competition’s tactics.
The RIS News white paper describes how to turn insight from Big Data, social, and other sources into best-practice action to optimize selling opportunities. If you’d like more info on how Reflexis can help your company create a seamless online-to-store experience that makes customers as loyal to you as long-time season ticket holders, please let me know.