A Note from Prashanth Palakurthi: Zebra And Reflexis Combination — A Great Day For Susan
Zebra And Reflexis Combination — A Great Day For Susan
A Note from Prashanth Palakurthi, Reflexis Founder & CEO
Almost 20 years ago we created Reflexis with one mission: to add joy to a store associate’s workday.
We gave the associate a name, “Susan”. Over the past 20 years, retail has undergone massive technological changes, as well as economic and generational upheavals. But through it all, Reflexis stayed focused on making Susan’s work purposeful.
Our success over the past two decades was not by chance, it was the result of the support from:
- The smartest retail software team members who have applied innovation and customer-centricity to everything they do;
- Committed long-term investors who have shared our vision; and most rewardingly,
- Fanatic support from our customers who operate 275 brands and employ more than 6 million store associates.
During this time, we also built strong relationships with other industry leaders, and on September 1, the strength of the Reflexis solution was validated even more, as we were officially acquired by an industry leader which I have personally admired for years, Zebra Technologies. Zebra is the leader in enterprise mobility, committed to empowering a performance edge to the front line of business. Zebra is a pioneer and has held a shared vision for Susan for some time – from its roots in hardware to its evolution to a solutions provider with a focus on software. Zebra recognizes our value, and I’m incredibly excited for the opportunity to add joy to more “Susans” around the world by becoming part of the Zebra family.
That ain’t all
Retail will fundamentally transform over the coming few years. And, if the past offers any indication, these changes will come faster than ever before. Here are a few factors leading to this transformation:
- Emerging automation and technology – from 5G to robotics and everything in between. Zebra is the leader in these. Combining such technologies with Reflexis software will underpin great retail transformation.
- Our combined AI/ML investments have the potential to guide, simplify, recognize, and reward shifting the nature of work store associates perform every day.
Together, Reflexis and Zebra are well positioned to assist the retail industry’s emergent challenges. Our opportunities are immense.
Successful acquisitions have one common determinant – a cultural match. Here are the highlights that provide optimism:
- Zebra has been consistently recognized for being one of the best places to work. We are joining Zebra with one of the best teams in the business and every member of the Reflexis team brings the skills, expertise, and passion to make Zebra even better.
- Zebra is also one of the best workplaces for innovators. The company’s ability to draw top talent and cultivate innovation benefits everyone. Like Reflexis, Zebra fosters a collaborative, forward-thinking culture that continues to improve the lives of front-line associates.
The Next Chapter
We will listen to our customers even more. We will respond faster to their needs. We will customize a path to the future for every single customer.
Together, with Zebra, we are driving toward “Smarter Work, Simpler for Susan.”
Reflexis Founder & CEO